Featured: Comparing three top automated accessibility testing tools
Laura Johnson takes you through the ins and outs of three automated accessibility testing tools.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Accessible SVG flowcharts (blog post – tink.uk)
- Firefox 63 will cut subtrees marked with aria-hidden (blog post – marcozehe.de)
- UK calls for action to address ‘global injustice’ of discrimination against disabled people (press release – gov.uk)
- Welcome, WCAG 2.1! The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines get an update (blog post – knowbility.org)
- The Xbox Adaptive Controller’s package design is just as accessible (blog post – polygon.com)
- For blind Metro riders, it’s about more than minding the gap (article – washingtonpost.com)
- Making emoticons accessible and screen reader friendly (blog post – maxability.co.in)
New to A11y
Susan Robertson writes about the journey of getting started with accessibility. Hint: It’s about so much more than just screen readers.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to email@example.com.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.