Featured: Building websites for Safari Reader Mode and other reading apps
Mandy Michael writes about building websites for reading modes, exploring how we can make sure that our content is interpreted the way we want, regardless of how people are consuming it.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- The @firefoxDevtools Debugger is now showing focus rings on keyboard navigation (tweet – twitter.com/jasonlaster11)
- The web is made of edge cases (blog post – codepen.io/tigt)
- Navigating accessibility in two dimensions (blog post – sitepen.com)
- Accessible comics (blog post – axesslab.com)
- Accessibility is more than access for all (blog post – peterwilson.cc)
- Benjamin Evans: Design thinking for inclusivity (interview – designbetter.co)
New to A11y
If you haven’t heard of or read Laura Kalbag’s book, Accessibility for Everyone, you’re missing out. Shannon Fisher has a great interview with Laura that gives you a peek at the book’s topics. My favorite part is the illustration to help explain the difference between accessibility and inclusive design.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to email@example.com.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly!. If you or your company is interested, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.