Featured: Building accessible-app.com
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- What are “Ethics in Design”? (article – slate.com)
- The power of progressive enhancement (blog post – medium.com/no-divide)
- Does the universal symbol for disability need to be rethought? (article – fastcompany.com)
- How inclusive design can lead to better innovations for everybody (blog post – inverse.com)
- A web of anxiety: Accessibility for people with anxiety and panic disorders [Part 1] (blog post – developer.paciellogroup.com)
- Accessibility for Everyone audiobook (blog post – laurakalbag.com)
New to A11y
Practical always trumps the theoretical. Oliver Lindberg shares 12 ways to design for everyone on the Shopify Partners blog. My favorite advice? Identify your assumptions. That’s often one of the hardest parts of learning to design inclusively.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to email@example.com.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.