Featured: Inclusive Components – The book
Heydon Pickering has released a book version of the popular blog, Inclusive Components.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Best practices for mobile form design (blog post – smashingmagazine.com)
- The details and summary elements (blog post – scottohara.me)
- Survey of users with low vision #2 (survey – webaim.org)
- Designing UI with color blind users in mind (blog post – secretstache.com)
- Describing aria-describedby (blog post – developer.paciellogroup.com)
- Accessibility (podcast – syntax.fm)
- Writing good text alternatives (blog post – medium.com/@amyalexandraleak)
- aria-rowcount (property) (blog post – maxability.co.in)
New to A11y
Ben Robertson has a few principles for getting started with accessibility that you can follow. I love the line: “They’re not rules. They are mental shifts that I had to make when I started developing accessible websites.”
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.