Featured: Forging a new path for disabled design
Matt May interviews Liz Jackson of The Disabled List about how interaction designers can evolve their approach to inclusivity and much more.
Read Forging a new path for disabled design.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- WAI-ARIA menus, and why you should generally avoid using them (blog post – marcozehe.de)
- Making Bulb more accessible (video – youtube.com)
- My favorite design tool (blog post – ethanmarcotte.com)
- Link contrast checker (tool – webaim.org)
- Heck yes, accessibility — let’s make the future awesome (blog post – uxdesign.cc)
- LipSurf (tool – lipsurf.com)
New to A11y
Ashley Walls writes about bringing inclusive practices to product design. She lays out why it isn’t a fad. I like how it goes into how everyone approaches things differently, and that impacts your approach as a designer.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.