Featured: Forging a new path for disabled design
Matt May interviews Liz Jackson of The Disabled List about how interaction designers can evolve their approach to inclusivity and much more.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- WAI-ARIA menus, and why you should generally avoid using them (blog post – marcozehe.de)
- Making Bulb more accessible (video – youtube.com)
- My favorite design tool (blog post – ethanmarcotte.com)
- Link contrast checker (tool – webaim.org)
- Heck yes, accessibility — let’s make the future awesome (blog post – uxdesign.cc)
- LipSurf (tool – lipsurf.com)
New to A11y
Ashley Walls writes about bringing inclusive practices to product design. She lays out why it isn’t a fad. I like how it goes into how everyone approaches things differently, and that impacts your approach as a designer.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to email@example.com.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly!. If you or your company is interested, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.