Featured: Be better: Accessibility
Ben Callahan explores how responsive web design is accessible web design.
Read Be better: Accessibility.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Report on the accessibility status of Gutenberg (blog post – make.wordpress.org)
- I don’t want to hear your ableist slurs anymore (blog post – medium.com/@LiaSeth)
- Survey of users with low vision #2 results (blog post – webaim.org)
- Trouble tabbing to tabs and cheeky checking checkboxes (blog post – scottohara.me)
- Five digital accessibility myths busted (blog post – deque.com)
- Screenreader support for text-level semantics (blog post – brucelawson.co.uk)
New to A11y
Modals are one of the most common interactions on the web, but a lot of designers and developers get them wrong. Chris Manning shows you how to simplify pop-ups and modals using the HTML dialog element.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to email@example.com.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.