Featured: The business case for digital accessibility
The W3C’s Web Accessibility Intiative presents an article that examines the business rationale for organizations to address accessibility.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Getting the details on aria-details (blog post – scottohara.me)
- A web of anxiety: accessibility for people with anxiety and panic disorders [Part 2] (blog post – developer.paciellogroup.com)
- Accessibility Wins – Tatiana Mac, Art Director (blog post – a11ywins.tumblr.com)
- Simple recommendations for writing text descriptions that make a big difference (blog post – invotra.com)
- Interview with Eric Bailey – Part 1 (podcast – a11yrules.com)
New to A11y
If you’re not sure where to start with web accessibility, I’d say start with your keyboard. Robert Jolly of Knowbility has a great post on keyboard testing basics. It will form a foundation for learning more in this complex field.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.