Featured: Creating a culture of accessibility
Taylor Katzel imagines a world where accessibility is muscle memory.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Lawsuits targeting business websites over ADA violations are on the rise (news article – latimes.com)
- Inclusivity is a recipe for good design (podcast – creative.gimletmedia.com)
- The deal with developer advocacy (blog post – marcysutton.com)
- Conferences, speakers: Please caption your videos (blog post – adrianroselli.com)
- There’s already a blueprint for a more accessible internet. If only designers would learn it (blog post – qz.com)
- Toggling animations on and off (blog post – kirupa.com)
- Keyboard-only focus styles (blog post – css-tricks.com)
New to A11y
We share a lot of information in the web world at conferences. Allison Ravenhall covers how to approach inclusive design for accessible presentations. If you have a talk coming up, this post hits a lot of the basics, even tips about how your spoken language can be more approachable.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly!. If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.