Featured: Digital accessibility events in 2019
The new year means it’s a great time to plan which conferences to attend. WebAxe has a great list to start with for 2019.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Styling a select like it’s 2019 (blog post – filamentgroup.com)
- Have you tried to dab some coconut oil on your spine? (video – accessibility.scot)
- The elements of UI engineering (blog post – overreacted.io)
- How to stop opening links in new windows without warning (blog post – knowbility.org)
- Beyoncé’s Parkwood Entertainment sued over website accessibility (news article – theguardian.com)
- Using Gherkin to write accessibility tests (blog post – hassellinclusion.com)
- Baseline rules for scrollbar usability (blog post – adrianroselli.com)
- CSUN 2019 schedule (event – csun.edu)
- Design ethics and the limits of the ethical designer (blog post – viget.com)
New to A11y
Jessica Enders has the definitive guide to form label positioning written over at Sitepoint. Designers and developers should focus on form interactions when creating interfaces because it’s an area where many accessibility mistakes happen. And forms are when we want everything to be just right so our users can accomplish an important task.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to email@example.com.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.