Featured: Big win for web accessibility in Domino’s Pizza case
The Law Office of Lainey Feingold points out why a case that ruled that the Americans with Disabilities Act covers websites and mobile applications is so important.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- “Fixing” lists (blog post – scottohara.me)
- Much ado about no lists (blog post – yatil.net)
- Accessibility and improved user experience for all (video – accessibility.scot)
- (Incomplete and subjective) list of web app accessibility folks (blog post – marcus.io)
- HTML5 input types: Where are they now? (blog post – smashingmagazine.com)
- Make your ARIA labels sing on key (blog post – knowbility.org)
- Use the :lang pseudo-class over the lang attribute selector for language-specific styles (blog post – bitsofco.de)
- Accessible design: The three most critical optimizations (blog post – uxplanet.org)
New to A11y
Nat Tarnoff writes a primer about responsible web animation on the Level Access blog. The post goes into accessibility standards, but also talks about how animations can affect design decisions.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to email@example.com.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.