Featured: Paint the picture, not the frame: How browsers provide everything users need
Eric Bailey explains how browsers provide everything users need. And if you alter those patterns, you should make sure people don’t get locked out of the experience.
Read Paint the picture, not the frame: How browsers provide everything users need.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Switch access on mobile (blog post – maxability.co.in)
- How my brain-damaged mother changed how I look at interface design (blog post – magenta.as)
- Contrast checker (tool – glitch.me)
- How I use my phone for orientation and mobility (blog post – veroniiiica.com)
- What autism can teach us about overcoming digital burnout (blog post – medium.com)
- Complete guide to accessible video and audio for the web (blog post – codepen.io/stefany93)
- HTML, CSS and our vanishing industry entry points (blog post – rachelandrew.co.uk)
- Using artificial intelligence to generate alt text on images (blog post – css-tricks.com)
- Accessible page navigation in single page apps (blog post – daverupert.com)
- Websites need to be more accessible for disabled people (article – vox.com)
- Using inclusive design critiques to build better products and stronger company culture (blog post – medium.com/microsoft-design)
- Time traveler’s guide to accessibility mechanics (blog post – youtube.com)
- Cloudflare Design color tool (tool – cloudflare.design)
New to A11y
Representation matters. That’s why seeing some new disability-centered emojis approved means a lot to people they represent. What other ways are marginalized groups not represented that you see?
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.