Featured: The WebAIM million
The staff at WebAIM completed an accessibility analysis of the top million home pages, and the results are dismal.
Read The WebAIM million.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- WCAG 2.1 parsing error bookmarklet – updated 25th February 2019 (blog post – developer.paciellogroup.com)
- How diversity and inclusion can improve testing (blog post – blog.scottlogic.com)
- Quick tip: Creating valid and accessible links (blog post – a11yproject.com)
- Accessibility is not a “React problem” (blog post – netlify.com)
- When is a button not a button? (blog post – smashingmagazine.com)
- How user-provided image descriptions have failed to make Twiter accessible (PDF – colegleason.com)
- Semantics to screen readers (blog post – alistapart.com)
New to A11y
Bram Van Damme reminds us to be careful with your forms because one innocent tweak could degrade the user experience. This post shows that accessibility crosses boundaries from design to code. It’s everywhere.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to email@example.com.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly!. If you or your company is interested, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.