Featured: How privilege defines performance
Tatiana Mac gives a talk at the recent PerfMatters conference about how our unseen biases can impact what we put on the web.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Why everyone is watching TV with closed captioning on these days (blog post – kottke.org)
- Revisiting prefers-reduced-motion, the reduced motion media query (blog post – css-tricks.com)
- Embedding accessibility into the DevOps process (blog post – devops.com)
- My skin hair and eyes (talk – youtube.com)
- PDF accessibility (updated) (resource – webaim.org)
- Top seven ARIA tips for developers (blog post – maxability.co.in)
- WPCampus releases results of the Gutenberg accessibility audit (blog post – wpcampus.org)
- How the Xbox Adaptive Controller is helping VA medical centers support veterans (blog post – blogs.va.gov/VAntage)
- That time I tried browsing the web without CSS (blog post – css-tricks.com)
- How I failed the anchor (blog post – remysharp.com)
- Sina Bahram (podcast – makingbetterpod.com)
New to A11y
Manuel Matuzovic has started a series on his blog about the Dark Side of the Grid, all about CSS Grid and accessibility. With great power comes… well, you probably know the answer. Take your responsibility seriously, especially when learning new-ish techniques.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.