Eric Bailey wonders what if Google put its weight behind Lighthouse accessibility scores to incentivize better accessibility?
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Columbia & Elm; Fairfield & Gloucester (blog post – ethanmarcotte.com)
- Less than 1 percent of website home pages are likely to meet accessibility standards (blog post – abilitynet.org.uk)
- All contraints are beautiful (video – beyondtellerrand.com)
- Accessibility tech has a lot of unfinished business to get right (blog post – cnet.com)
- Reakit (resource – reakit.io)
- Twelve tips For more accessible React apps (video – youtube.com)
- The state of accessibility: GAAD 2019 (blog post – deque.com)
- A new (and easy) way to hide content accessibly (blog post – zellwk.com)
- Safari VoiceOver Helper bookmarklet (resource – joelanman.github.io)
- The dark side of the grid (part 2) (blog post – matuzo.at)
- ARC Toolkit accessibility testing tool now open source (resource – paciellogroup.com)
- Accessibility in web standards (podcast – heroku.com)
- Universal design: Eleven practical tips to make your sites and apps more accessible (blog post – shopify.com)
New to A11y
Microsoft released an animated guide to inclusive design that hits on the benefits of inclusive design in a fun way. It’s worth checking out.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.