Featured: The difference between keyboard and screen reader navigation
Léonie Watson explains the differences between and busts some myths of keyboard and screen reader navigation.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Fraud wistleblower seeks redress for inaccessible public website that cost California $66 million (blog post – trelegal.com)
- Summary of Accessibility Toronto Camp (blog post – webaxe.org)
- Designing for users across cultures: An interview with Jenny Shen (blog post – smashingmagazine.com)
- Creating a diversity scholarship program for your conference (blog post – css-tricks.com)
- Short note on prefers-reduced-motion and puzzled (Windows) users (blog post – paciellogroup.com)
- #EmberJS2019 more accessible than ever (blog post – yehudakatz.com)
- Which of Drupal and WordPress is the most accessible content management system? (podcast – hassellinclusion.com)
- How does your website “sound”? (video – youtube.com)
- Accessible icon buttons (blog post – sarasoueidan.com)
- Contextually marking up accessible images and SVGs (blog post – scottohara.me)
- How to tweet with accessibility in mind (blog post – amberley.blog)
- The State of fluid web typography (blog post – betterwebtype.com)
- CMS vs. headless CMS a11y throwdown! (video – youtube.com)
- Tabindex: It rarely pays to be positive (blog post – scottohara.me)
New to A11y
Jessica Ivins has a list of her favorite spots on the web to learn about inclusive design and accessibility that you should check out. Yes, it includes this newsletter, but the best part was a few sites and posts I hadn’t read before. It’s a nice, short list that packs a lot of knowledge.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.