Featured: An introduction to ARIA states
Lindsey Kopacz shares the basics on ARIA states: what they are and how they can be used.
Read An introduction to ARIA states.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Thoughts for designers when you’re contemplating and exploring error message treatments (Twitter thread – twitter.com)
- The anatomy of accessible forms: Required form fields (blog post – deque.com)
- How to meet WCAG (quick reference – updated) (resource – w3.org)
- Accessibility and inclusive design with Derek Featherstone (podcast – transistor.fm)
- HTML is the web (blog post – petelambert.com)
- Why I no longer provide free disability access advice (blog post – rootedinrights.org)
- When should you be using Web Workers? (blog post – dassur.ma)
- Accessible design and culture: Why it’s better for business and all your users (blog post – voices.com)
- Marking required fields in forms (blog post – nngroup.com)
- Target size and 2.5.5 (blog post – adrianroselli.com)
New to A11y
Thomas Byttebier reminds you that the best icon is a text label. I love the point that even if you use software every day, some icons may make you pause and think rather than move confidently forward.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.