Featured: How to identify a toxic accessibility culture, and what you can do about it
Sheri Byrne-Haber helps you to know when things are bad, and how to make them less bad.
Read How to identify a toxic accessibility culture, and what you can do about it.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Avoid placeholder text by animating form labels (blog post – knowbility.org)
- How to test for accessibility with Cypress (blog post – deque.com)
- Understanding assistive technology: How does a blind person use the internet? (blog post – levelaccess.com)
- Accessibility support (resource – a11ysupport.io)
- How Google Pagespeed works: Improve your score and search engine ranking (blog post – calibreapp.com)
- Maybe you don’t need a date picker (blog post – adrianroselli.com)
- Accessibility with Nicolas Steenhout and Christopher Schmitt (podcast – shoptalkshow.com)
New to A11y
Jessica Jordan gives you a crash in how to work with screen readers for testing. I like how this post isn’t too long or detailed, just enough good information to get you going.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to email@example.com.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.