Featured: What we learned from user testing of accessible client-side routing techniques with Fable Tech Labs
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- A toast to an accessible toast… (blog post – scottohara.me)
- Popups: Ten problematic trends and alternatives (blog post – nngroup.com)
- MLB strikes out on accessibility (blog post – blog.kellyford.org)
- How to improve your mobile UIs by learning from personal touch patterns (blog post – uxdesign.cc)
- WAI-ARIA: Top six mistakes to avoid (blog post – deque.com)
- Firefox 68: BigInts, contrast checks, and the QuantumBar (blog post – hacks.mozilla.org)
- The rise of inclusive design (blog post – joannapenabickley.com)
- Web accessibility - Who does what? (blog post – nomensa.com)
- UX improvements for keyboard accessibility (webinar – smashingmagazine.com)
- Canada’s first federal accessibility legislation comes into force (news release – canada.ca)
- How cooking websites are failing people with disabilities (blog post – seriouseats.com)
- BBC case study: proving Return on Investment (ROI) from accessibility (blog post – hassellinclusion.com)
- Accessible locomotion and interaction in WebXR (blog post – blog.prototypr.io)
- The Universal Page (podcast – 99percentinvisible.org)
New to A11y
Andy Bell has some tips for keeping it simple with image alt text that will help the next time you need to write image descriptions for people who need them. Just like everything else, writing good alt text takes practice.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly!. If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.