Featured: Accessible CSS generated content
Eric Eggert shares some tips behind CSS generated content and accessibility.
Read Accessible CSS generated content.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Reduced motion auto-play video (blog post – scottohara.me)
- Accessibility is equality (blog post – joedolson.com)
- Making accessible tagged PDFs with Prince (blog post – brucelawson.co.uk)
- Screenreader-aware design tools (blog post – sourcenoteapp.com)
- Top 5 rules of ARIA (blog post – deque.com)
- Dynamically changing the text color based on background color contrast with vanilla JS (blog post – gomakethings.com)
- Ecommerce accessibility lawsuits are on the rise – What’s going on? (blog post – 3playmedia.com)
- Improving video accessibility with WebVTT (blog post – css-tricks.com)
- The accessibility of placeholder links (blog post – scottohara.me)
- Short note on the disabled/aria-disabled attributes (blog post – codepen.io/stevef)
- Apple unveils disability-themed emojis in push for greater diversity (news article – cnn.com)
- Tapping into an easy $6.9B in annual revenue; Three things to learn from Amazon (blog post – deque.com)
- The Accessible Canada Act: A good start at full inclusion (blog post – levelaccess.com)
- Captions and transcripts and audio descriptions, oh my! (blog post – paciellogroup.com)
- The simplest way to load CSS asynchronously (blog post – filamentgroup.com)
New to A11y
Litmus’ podcast, called Delivering, has a nice episode about the importance of digital accessibility and more. They even talk about email accessibility, an often overlooked topic.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.