Featured: Accessibility program fundamentals: Choosing the right accessibility metrics
Greg Williams on selecting metrics so they can help with the long-term success of your accessibility testing efforts.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Your worst #accessibility nightmare coming to life in seven words (tweet – twitter.com)
- Web accessibility for seizures and physical reactions (resource – developer.mozilla.org)
- Using progressive enhancement to design for accessibility (blog post – sitepen.com)
- Testing lazy image support, and instead finding another unexpected behavior (blog post – scottohara.me)
- Amphora (blog post – ethanmarcotte.com)
- Dark patterns in accessibility tech (talk – listen.datasociety.net)
- Screen reader user survey #8 (survey – webaim.org)
- My disabilities are invisible. I shouldn’t have to prove them to strangers (blog post – theguardian.com)
- Why you shouldn’t gray out disabled buttons (blog post – uxmovement.com)
New to A11y
Alastair Campbell weighs in on whether you should use pixels or ems. This advice is both in-depth and pragmatic: my favorite kind when it comes to accessibility.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.