Featured: Tooltips in the time of WCAG 2.1
Sarah Higley advises you to narrow down your definition of “tooltip” before going any further.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Using rel=”preconnect” to establish network connections early and increase performance (blog post – css-tricks.com)
- UX accessibility for elderly — 12 principles (blog post – uxplanet.org)
- Accessibility program fundamentals: Third-party vendor management (blog post – deque.com)
- We all win (blog post – criticalaxis.org)
- Improving accessibility in the Android ecosystem (blog post – android-developers.googleblog.com)
- Website accessibility and the ADA (podcast – legaltalknetwork.com)
- Short update on multiple labels for (blog post – codepen.io/stevef)
- Ember.js: Intro to accessibility (resource – guides.emberjs.com)
- Equality: A reading list (blog post – hiddedevries.nl)
- What are the most frustrating challenges people with disabilities face when sitting in on a speaker’s presentation? (survey – twitter.com)
New to A11y
Whoa! It’s time for another Inclusive Design 24 already. The schedule is out for the October event. This online, 24-hour conference always has great speakers and a wide range of topics for beginners and veterans alike. Check it out.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly!. If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.