Featured: Running inclusive research sessions: Beyond screen readers and verbal feedback
Vita Mangan shares an approach that encourages others to conduct more inclusive research despite a lack of confidence and experience.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- The problem with tooltips and what to do instead (blog post – adamsilver.io)
- SEO and accessibility: Real talk (blog post – deque.com)
- The truth about the ROI of web accessibility (blog post – karlgroves.com)
- UX virtual panel: Inclusive design vs. universal design vs. accessibility (webinar – accessibility.deque.com)
- Upcoming: W3C workshop on inclusive design for immersive web standards (workshop – w3.org)
- Accessibility Insights (blog post – a11ywins.tumblr.com)
- Styling links with real underlines (resource – css-tricks.com)
- How to make your charts more accessible with color blind friendly palettes (blog post – venngage.com)
New to A11y
WebAIM has updated its Million analysis from six months ago. The organization looks at the top 1,000,000 home pages again to see what’s changed. If you’re just getting into accessibility, this will help you understand what you’re working to make better.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.