Featured: Less data doesn’t mean a lesser experience
Tim Kadlec on how to avoid a “degraded experience” when users have Save-Data enabled.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Table with expando rows (blog post – adrianroselli.com)
- Inline validation is problematic (blog post – adamsilver.io)
- Fast software (blog post – css-tricks.com)
- Managing accessibility in open source CMSes: a write-up (blog post – hiddedevries.nl)
- Command palettes for the web (blog post – robdodson.me)
- How to accessibly split text (blog post – css-irl.info)
- [Video]: Understanding assistive technology: How does a blind person use Twitter? (video – levelaccess.com)
- Why accessibility is the future of tech (blog post – https://modus.medium.com)
- What makes an accessible card? (video – youtube.com)
- Is this the world’s most accessible museum? (news article – nytimes.com)
- Usability for seniors: Challenges and changes (blog post – nngroup.com)
New to A11y
If you use a screen reader, you have only a few days left to fill out WebAIM’s screen reader user survey #8. This regular survey helps web professionals understand how people use screen readers, so if you have the time, please check it out.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly!. If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.