Featured: Make it boring
Jeremy Wagner makes the case for making your interfaces boring.
Watch Make it boring.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Marca Bristo, influential advocate for the disabled, dies at 66 (news article – nytimes.com)
- Will the U.S. Supreme Court hear Domino’s v. Robles? If they do, what could happen? (blog post – levelaccess.com)
- Where accessibility fits in an organization: Decentralized vs. centralized model (blog post – deque.com)
- Making audio and video media accessible (resource – w3.org)
- 5G will definitely make the web slower, maybe (blog post – filamentgroup.com)
- Federal ada Title III lawsuit numbers continue to climb in 2019 (blog post – adatitleiii.com)
New to A11y
Léonie Watson explains why accessibility APIs are a key to web accessibility. Knowing and understading how these APIs help assistive technology deliver an experience to people who use screen readers can lead you to make better things for the web. It’s an important concept to grasp if you’re new to accessibility.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to email@example.com.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.