Featured: How we do our work matters: Accessibility and inclusive design
Derek Featherstone on why you’d be very wise to include people with disabilities in the design process itself.
Read How we do our work matters: Accessibility and inclusive design.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Web Content Accessiblity Guidelines and experimental retinal implant For dry form of AMD (podcast – eyeonvision.blogspot.com)
- Unexpected accessibility tips (blog post – cjcid.com)
- Angular and accessibility: Issues and strategies (blog post – deque.com)
- An HTML element potentially worth $18M to Indiegogo campaigns (blog post – adrianroselli.com)
- Travel (podcast – disabilityvisibilityproject.com)
- Core accessibility concerns for human resources (blog post – karlgroves.com)
- The huge cost of ignoring accessibility when designing your website (blog post – thenextweb.com)
- ARIA Serious ?! (event – yatil.net)
New to A11y
Amani Ali explains what web accessibility is all about if you’re new to this stuff. They pack the article with statistics, information about guidelines and laws and who’s responsible for accessibility. Be sure to check out the links at the end too, to learn even more.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to email@example.com.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.