Featured: Screen reader user survey #8 results
WebAim released a new round of its regular survey of screen reader users.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Why much of the internet is closed off to blind people (news article – bbc.com)
- Ember component patterns (resource – melsumner.gitbook.io)
- Able Dev (resource – able-dev.com)
- Create a semantic “breakout” button to make an entire element clickable (blog post – hankchizljaw.com)
- Want to improve UI performance? Start by understanding your user (blog post – engineering.shopify.com)
- Infinite scrolling and role=feed accessibility issues (blog post – deque.com)
- How and why to use aria-live (blog post – gomakethings.com)
- Enhancing the clickable area size (event – ishadeed.com)
New to A11y
One of my favorite accessibility events, Inclusive Design 24, happens this week on October 10. This free, online conference wil have 24 straight hours of accessibility and inclusive design-focused talks. As usual, the schedule looks fantastic. This is a great event to tune into if you want to up your knowledge.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to email@example.com.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly!. If you or your company is interested, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.