Featured: U.S. Supreme Court favors digital accessibility in Domino’s case
Digital products which are a public accommodation must be accessible, or will be subject to a lawsuit (and probably lose).
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- The new $41 million Hunters Point Library has one major flaw (news article – gothamist.com)
- Challenges to digital accessibility now and in the future (blog post – developer.paciellogroup.com)
- Some hands-on with the HTML dialog element (blog post – css-tricks.com)
- ASPIRE: Ideals to aspire to when building websites (blog post – filamentgroup.com)
- Design bias is ruining accessibility (podcast – glitch.com)
- An introductory guide to understanding cognitive disabilities (blog post – deque.com)
- How DWP used the easy read format to make its content more accessible (blog post – accessibility.blog.gov.uk)
New to A11y
Ashley Bischoff explains how to improve your writing with plain language, in this talk from 2017 at the Fronteers Conference. It’s one of the best ways to make your designs and products better for a range of people.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.