Featured: Understand website accessibility with the Firefox Accessibility Inspector
Jen Simmons gives a video tour of the Firefox Accessibility Inspector, which shows an outline of the accessibility tree, and lists problems with contrast or missing labels, and much more.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Is your site accessibility ready for online holiday shopping? (blog post – mytotalretail.com)
- Moving towards a faster web (blog post – blog.chromium.org)
- The biggest myths about the next billion internet users (blog post – qz.com)
- Supporting the design phase with accessibility heuristics evaluations (tweet thread – twitter.com/feather)
- The Accessibility Tree (blog post – blog.benmyers.dev)
- My third Andriod experiment (blog post – marcozehe.de)
- The aesthetic-accessibility paradox (blog post – uxmovement.com)
New to A11y
Sara Soueidan talks about applying accessibility in your front end work. This practical talk is chock-full of tips for creating more accessible front-end foundations. If you touch the front end, you’ll find this one helpful.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly!. If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.