Featured: What is a screen reader?
Daniel Göransson walks you through what a screen reader is and how it works.
Read What is a screen reader?.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Logitech’s $100 Adaptive Gaming Kit finishes what Xbox’s XAC started (blog post – arstechnica.com)
- The business case for accessibility (blog post – deque.com)
- Digital accessibility courses roundup (blog post – digitala11y.com)
- Types of disabilities, part 2 (blog post – 100daysofa11y.com)
- Microsoft went all in on accessible design. This is what happened afterwards (blog post – fastcompany.com)
- Getting developers on board with accessibility (blog post – devopsdigest.com)
- Embracing the universal web (blog post – css-tricks.com)
- Microsoft share their accessibility guidelines for the benefit of all developers (blog post – rockpapershotgun.com)
- Request with intent: Caching strategies in the age of PWAs (blog post – alistapart.com)
- How to make an inaccessible website (video – youtube.com)
New to A11y
Oscar Braunert makes a non-business case for supporting old browsers. I do like a good post supporting progressive enhancement and this one doesn’t disappoint. Remember, not every browser needs the same experience from a site.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.