Featured: What adding people with disabilities to your team brings to the mix
Lucy Greco says by having a diverse workforce that includes people with disabilities, you improve the quality of the product and get accessibility into the product life cycle much sooner.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- How I made the Firefox Protection report screen reader accessible (blog post – marcozehe.de)
- Accessible charts with ARIA (blog post – blog.tenon.io)
- Accessibility drives aesthetics (blog post – uxdesign.cc)
- 10 ways to help accessibility at conferences as a speaker (blog post – a11ywithlindsey.com)
- My thoughts on Gutenberg accessibility (blog post – marcozehe.de)
- New technology makes internet memes accessible for people with visual impairments (blog post – cs.cmu.edu)
- whocanuse.com (tool – whocanuse.com)
- From milliseconds to millions: The numbers driving web perf (video – youtube.com)
New to A11y
Matt May takes the empathy buzzword, and turns it around. This talk probes questions like: what happens when empathy doesn’t work? And what happens when “good people” do the wrong things in the name of empathy? If you’re just getting into accessibility, this will give you a valuable perspective.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.