Featured: Defining ‘Toast’ messages
Adrian Roselli gives you an in-depth look at what a Toast message is, and how it impacts accessibility.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- The role of animation and motion in UX (blog post – nngroup.com)
- Performance budgets, pragmatically (blog post – csswizardry.com)
- Training people to do accessibility reviews (blog post – accessibility.blog.gov.uk)
- What’s more expensive than getting sued over inaccessibility? (blog post – medium.com/@sheribyrnehaber)
- Accessible page title in a single-page React application (blog post – hugogiraudel.com)
- EU web accessibility compliance and legislation (blog post – deque.com)
- How does HTML microdata help with accessibility? (blog post – scottvinkle.me)
- Accessibility with the new Microsoft Edge (resource – support.microsoft.com/)
New to A11y
Manuel Matuzovic reminds you that bad accessibility equals bad quality. That may help you or the people around you think about your task of creating inclusive experiences differently. Good accessibility means your experiences work better for people and your code is cleaner. Who doesn’t want that?
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly!. If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.