Featured: Roles and relationships
Sarah Higley reminds you that some ARIA roles can be brittle; even small mistakes in using these roles can take a user on a very bad trip.
Read Roles and relationships.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Inclusion Week with Derek Featherstone (videos – levelaccess.com)
- Standards for writing accessibly (blog post – alistapart.com)
- Overlays are not the solution to your accessibility problem (blog post – medium.com/@sheribyrnehaber)
- Building an inclusive experience: Why accessibility matters (blog post – blogs.intuit.com)
- The new generation of performance metrics for better user experience (blog post – calibreapp.com)
- Form Design Patterns with Adam Silver (video – vimeo.com)
New to A11y
This 99 Percent Invisible episode dives into the history of blind reading. The universal page is a facinating listen or read. It’s so interesting how it comes back to lines and dots.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to email@example.com.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.