Featured: One of my favourite accessibility testing tools: The tab key
Manuel Matuzovic uses the TAB key to gain a good overview of the quality of a product as quickly as possible.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Block links, cards, clickable regions, etc. (blog post – adrianroselli.com)
- Techniques to become an empathy master (blog post – uxdesign.cc)
- When CSS blocks (blog post – timkadlec.com)
- Understanding web accessibility color contrast guidelines and ratios (blog post – css-tricks.com)
- Beyond the screen reader: Humanizing accessibility (video – youtube.com)
- 10 things that indicate designers have no clue about accessibility (blog post – uxdesign.cc)
- Who decides how disability is represented in stock photography? (blog post – uxdesign.cc)
- I add 3-25 seconds of latency to every page I visit (blog post – howonlee.github.io)
- More colourful web with invisible design (blog post – metamatrix.se)
New to A11y
Asomi Ithia helps you think about accessibility and inclusion for product people. If you’re totally new to this field, you’ll get actionable steps you can take as a product manager in your every day work.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly!. If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.