Featured: Why accessibility is an important part of customer experience
Alastair Campbell and Alex Metcalf on why great digital accessibility gives people with disabilities the ability to experience something with an equivalent depth and completeness as everyone else.
Read Why accessibility is an important part of customer experience.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- New media queries you need to know (blog post – blog.logrocket.com)
- Thisten: Discover transcripts from around the world (resource – thisten.co)
- Deque to shift its CSUN 2020 presence to virtual (event – deque.com)
- Update: CSUN 2020 participation (event – levelaccess.com)
- The first U.S. web accessibility agreement was signed twenty years ago this week (blog post – lflegal.com)
- AVIF for next-generation image coding (blog post – netflixtechblog.com)
- Accessible document specialist survey (survey – accessibilityassociation.formstack.com)
- UBKAccessibilityKit by UBank (code – github.com)
- Using the HTML title attribute – Updated March 2020 (blog post – developer.paciellogroup.com)
New to A11y
Robert Pearce walks you through including axe-core in a React project If you’re a developer looking to get started with basic accessibility testing in your code base, this post will make it easier.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.