Featured: Overcoming my panic towards accessibility
Zell Liew shares why accessibility caused a panic, how he overcame it and what he learned.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Setting height and width on images is important again (blog post – smashingmagazine.com)
- Meet the architect with ALS who designed an accessible smart home (news story – today.com)
- Short note: ARIA is in HTML (blog post – codepen.io/stevef)
- Web accessibility checklist (resource – websitesetup.org)
- Block links are a pain (and maybe just a bad idea) (blog post – css-tricks.com)
- Programming Sass to create accessible color combinations (blog post – css-tricks.com)
- A Future Date (event – twitter.com)
- How (not) to get sued (podcast – bemyeyes.com)
- Accessible teaching in the time of COVID-19 (blog post – mapping-access.com)
- The performance benefits of variable fonts (blog post – uxdesign.cc)
New to A11y
Carie Fisher shows you how to approach accessible SVGs when thinking about color, motion and more. You’ve no doubt used SVGs in your projects before. Maybe you haven’t thought of these angles, but don’t worry because Carie, as always, gives plenty of code examples and detail to help you learn.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.