Featured: Writing impactful accessibility reports
Mike Gifford says accessibility reports will only be useful if they create change.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Announcing mobile first indexing for the whole web (blog post – webmasters.googleblog.com)
- Automating inclusive documentation (talk – youtube.com)
- Get static (blog post – meyerweb.com/eric)
- Inclusive inputs (blog post – ovl.design)
- Accessibility for teams (resource – accessibility-for-teams.com)
- Headings & accessibility (blog post – developer.paciellogroup.com)
- I don’t care what Google or Apple or whoever did (blog post – adrianroselli.com)
- Top five most common accessibility annotations (blog post – deque.com)
- Interview with Devon Persing – Part 1 (podcast – a11yrules.com)
- Embracing modern image formats (blog post – joshwcomeau.com)
- Chrome 80/81 bug: Accessible name calculation (blog post – adrianroselli.com)
- Facebook launches accessibility and creator tools to make live-streaming available to more people (blog post – theverge.com)
New to A11y
The Bureau of Internet Accessibility has a post about eight common image alt text mistakes to stop making that will help you nail the basics of writing alt text. I confess I made the mistake listed in number one early in my career before I learned otherwise.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to email@example.com.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.