Featured: WebAIM Million – One year update
The detectable WCAG failure rate rose from 97.8 percent to 98.1 percent.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Colorblind Environment Themes (resource – colorblind-themes.tech)
- Designing a future where everyone counts (podcast – youtube.com)
- Alt text that informs: Meeting the needs of people who are blind or low vision (blog post – microsoft.com/en-us/research/blog)
- Accessible COVID-19 statistics tracker (blog post – blog.freedomscientific.com)
- Slow UI: Pace interaction to increase understanding (blog post – nngroup.com)
- Disabled form controls and how to tackle them (blog post – catalin.red)
- Performance during a pandemic (blog post – calibreapp.com)
- Updates to form controls and focus (blog post – blog.chromium.org)
- Interview with Devon Persing – Part 2 (podcast – a11yrules.com)
- Accessible digital map experiences: a mountain climb or a walk in the park? (blog post – developer.paciellogroup.com)
New to A11y
Austin Gil kicks off a series on how to build HTML forms right, starting with semantics. The article has accessibility advice built in, which is fantastic.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.