Featured: Not all accessibility overlays are created equal
In the post, discover why tool-based overlays are problematic.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Coronavirus: Being blind during the pandemic (news article – bbc.com)
- Designing for cognitive accessibility: Where to begin (blog post – thenextweb.com)
- Inclusive, by design (video – aneventapart.com)
- Writing my accessibility statement (blog post – ethanmarcotte.com)
- Neumorphism – the accessible and inclusive way (blog post – axesslab.com)
- Shift Left: Rethinking the way we teach web development (video – youtube.com)
- WCAG primer (blog post – tetralogical.com)
New to A11y
Amani Ali explains the differences between assisted and assistive technology. Both sound similar, serve similar purposes, but in fact they are both used for different reasons. I love that they cover how these can benefit different people too.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to email@example.com.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.