Featured: What’s in a name?
Often when we talk about accessibility problems, we end up talking about a number of different errors that all boil down to a missing accessible name: form fields without labels, images without alts, icon buttons without readable text, and many more.
Read What’s in a name?.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Mundane improvements, big impact (blog post – timkadlec.com)
- Keeping your head, when designing during a crisis (blog post – medium.com/@deanvipond)
- If it’s interactive, it needs a focus style (video – youtube.com)
- COVID-19, digital transformation & accessibility (blog post – medium.com/openconcept-stories)
- Making web performance one of your top user experience metrics (blog post – medium.com/@davehouse_80809)
- Web sites as ‘public accommodation’ under a pandemic (blog post – adrianroselli.com)
- 8 common questions about accessible UX (blog post – uxdesign.cc)
- How is COVID-19 impacting digital accessibility? (survey – surveymonkey.com)
New to A11y
Jamie O’Leary takes you on a journey about designing accessible forms. Breaking the advice down by form element or purpose makes it easy to employ in your projects today.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to email@example.com.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly!. If you or your company is interested, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.