Featured: Prioritizing users in a crisis: Building the California COVID-19 response site
The CA.gov Alpha team talks about how it took on the challenge to create a scalable, accessible, stable website that is easy to update in a fast changing public health crisis.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- #ID24 - Call for presentations (event – inclusivedesign24.org)
- The beauty of progressive enhancement (blog post – matuzo.at)
- Accessibility must be part of your COVID-19 response (blog post – knowbility.org)
- Creating an accessible range slider with CSS (blog post – a11ywithlindsey.com)
- Creating accessible forms (WebAIM - updated) (resource – webaim.org)
- Avoid aria-roledescription (blog post – adrianroselli.com)
- Finding participants for user research (Recruiting participants with disabilities) (resource – gov.uk)
- Results of labeling lists (blog post – scottohara.me)
New to A11y
Kate Kalcevich has curated a nice list of resources called Accessible Accessibility. I love seeing how people gather resources useful to them. Everyone does it differently, and these should prove useful to you.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to email@example.com.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly!. If you or your company is interested, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.