Featured: Global accessibility action every day
The co-founders of Global Accessibility Awareness Day talk about how the event started, and their proudest moments.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- The need for speed, 23 years later (blog post – nngroup.com)
- Form design: multiple inputs versus one input (blog post – adamsilver.io)
- IBM’s new open-source tool helps developers make their apps more accessible (blog post – thenextweb.com)
- The fastest Google Fonts (blog post – csswizardry.com)
- Setting priorities for accessibility issues (blog post – blogs.intuit.com)
- COVID-19 and the impacts on people who are blind or have low vision (survey – flatteninaccessibility.com)
- Disclosure widgets (blog post – adrianroselli.com)
- Announcing the first annual Thatcher Prize (award – knowbility.org)
- Expedia Accessibility Guidelines (ExAG) (resource – accessibility.expedia.biz)
- Accessible reordering for touch devices (blog post – medium.com/android-microsoft)
- Embedded YouTube and Google Maps – are they accessible? (blog post – visionaustralia.org)
- Surfacing accessibility problems (blog post – jamescatt.ca)
- Sa11y (tool – ryersondmp.github.io)
New to A11y
Many of us have started to attend more virtual meetings these days. Two recent posts surfaced to help you make them more inclusive: Ten things to improve conference call accessibility and How to make your next virtual meeting more accessible. The first post focuses on more general actions you can take while the second centers on the Zoom platform. Each provides helpful advice.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to email@example.com.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.