Featured: Inclusively hiding & styling checkboxes and radio buttons
Sara Soueidan covers the different techniques for hiding elements, how each of them affects the accessibility of the content, and how to properly hide checkboxes and radio buttons taking their own accessibility and usability considerations into account to make sure we aren’t leaving any users out.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Compassionate action over empathy (blog post – tatianamac.com)
- Decoding the digital divide (blog post – fastly.com)
- Which video conferencing tools are most accessible? (blog post – smashingmagazine.com)
- How do government Covid19 response sites perform? (resource – covidsites.public.digital)
- Digital accessibility, What’s beyond Guidelines (blog post – maxability.co.in)
- Emoji accessibility for visually impaired people (video – youtube.com)
- How web accessibility works (blog post – blog.segunolalive.com)
- How I fixed accessibility on my website and how you can fix yours (blog post – sericaia.me)
- How not to deploy a Twitter feature (blog post – adrianroselli.com)
- Twitter’s audio tweets revealed an accessibility miss, and now the company wants to fix it (news article – theverge.com)
New to A11y?
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to email@example.com.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.