Featured: Disability Visibility: First person stories from the 21st century
“Now, just in time for the thirtieth anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act, activist Alice Wong brings together an urgent, galvanizing collection of personal essays by contemporary disabled writers.”
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Everything you have to know about core web vitals (blog post – calibreapp.com)
- Avoid PDF for on-screen reading (blog post – nngroup.com)
- Sign-in form best practices (blog post – web.dev)
- Tommy’s inclusive datepicker (code – fymmot.github.io)
- #accessiBe will get you sued (blog post – adrianroselli.com)
- Introduction to ARIA (updated) (resource – webaim.org)
- Gatsby sites most reliably accessible in WebAIM Million (blog post – gatsbyjs.org)
- The saga of accessible colors (video – last-child.com)
- Customer service for people with disabilities (blog post – deque.com)
- Connecting the dots (blog post – alistapart.com)
- Accessible HTML toggle button (switch) (blog post – erikkroes.nl)
New to A11y?
Rob Wemyss shares a top five list of things to look for during an accessibility design review. I love that copy sits at number one. In my experience, it’s among the most important and most challenging to improve.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to email@example.com.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly!. If you or your company is interested, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.