Featured: Equal Entry website called out as inaccessible
Heather Burns shares some tips for how to take accessibility feedback seriously, even when it’s your job.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Q&A with Sara Hendren (blog post – disabilityvisibilityproject.com)
- Inclusve Design 24 schedule finalized for Sept. 17, 2020 (event – inclusivedesign24.org)
- Solid Start (resource – codepen.io/stevef)
- W3C publishes Cognitive Accessibility Task Force publication (blog post – jebswebs.net)
- Co-creator of Apple VoiceOver talks importance of accessibility tech (blog post – cultofmac.com)
- PDF accessibility tools & resources Roundup (blog post – digitala11y.com)
- Netflix sets premiere date for ‘Deaf U’ docuseries from Nyle DiMarco (blog post – tvinsider.com)
- Here’s what Tammy Duckworth, Joe Biden’s potential VP pick, can teach the fashion industry (blog post – vogue.com)
- Improving the usability and accessibility of a healthcare website by being mindful of reading level (blog post – thoughtbot.com)
New to A11y?
Laura Kalbag gives a five-minute talk on accessibility in 2020, highlighting how COVID-19 has made the need for accessible technology more pressing. This can serve as a nice pep talk before you dig into your work for the week. You make accessible happen.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to email@example.com.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.