Featured: How screen readers navigate data tables
Léonie Watson teaches you how to navigate tables with a screen reader.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Opening links in new browser windows and tabs (blog post – nngroup.com)
- Tech diet (blog post – essays.uxdesign.cc)
- How ARIA fits in the layers of accessibility technologies (video – youtube.com)
- What to expect from WCAG 2.2 (blog post – deque.com)
- The economics of the front-end (blog post – blog.jim-nielsen.com)
- Accessibility Resources (resource – a11yresources.webflow.io)
- Design better by avoiding your cognitive biases (blog post – kooslooijesteijn.net)
- Axe updates: New consolidated user experience (blog post – deque.com)
New to A11y?
Sheri Byrne-Haber gives you some tips around convincing people to be accessible. So much accessibility work isn’t the technical stuff, but the strategic stuff. Sheri gets to that here, and shares something I always have to remind myself of: “The most important thing is to keep at it. You may not win in the first discussion, or even the fourth or fifth.”
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to email@example.com.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.