Featured: Proposed Online Accessibility Act in US Congress is bad for digital inclusion
Lainey Feingold shares the implications behind a new proposed change to the ADA in the United States.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Proposed Online Accessibility Act - Three key takeaways (blog post – blog.usablenet.com)
- Create accessible forms (blog post – a11yproject.com)
- Angular component libraries and accessibility (blog post – deque.com)
- Micro-note on aria-roledescription (blog post – html5accessibility.com)
- Meet the Black woman advocating for greater disability visibility (news article – nbcnews.com)
- Web accessibility: Definitions and acronyms (blog post – lullabot.com)
- Duet date picker (code – kooslooijesteijn.net)
- The world does not revolve around your product (blog post – thoughtbot.com)
- focus-visible is here (blog post – matthiasott.com)
- Going viral as a woman in tech (blog post – emilykager.com)
New to A11y?
Graham Armfield teaches you how to use HTML5 sectioning elements to create useful accessible landmarks. Graham covers all the basics here, including how landmarks relate to HTML5.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.