Featured: Writing even more CSS with accessibility in mind, part 2: Respecting user preferences
Manuel Matuzovic goes deep into user preferences and how to respect them when writing CSS.
Read Writing even more CSS with accessibility in mind, part 2: Respecting user preferences.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Finding accessibility jobs in specialized companies and the mainstream (blog post – marcysutton.com)
- Tips for accessible virtual meetings: At a glance (video – youtube.com)
- Dialog focus in screen readers (blog post – adrianroselli.com)
- Almost 50% Got This accessibility question wrong! (video – youtube.com)
- How To make publishing platforms more accessible (part 2) (blog post – developer.paciellogroup.com)
- Alternative text for CSS generated content (blog post – adrianroselli.com)
- An opinionated guide to accessibility testing (blog post – iainbean.com)
New to A11y?
Dr. Michele A. Williams has a video introduction to web accessibility that you should check out. It includes an introduction of assistive technology, the definition of accessibility, the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG), and other considerations.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to email@example.com.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.