Featured: Mobile screen reader testing
Scott Vinkle gets you started with testing with screen readers on mobile devices.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Comparing various ways to hide things in CSS (blog post – css-tricks.com)
- ARIA in CSS (blog post – adactio.com)
- Web accessibility (podcast – ladybug.dev)
- What is WCAG 2.1 and why you should adopt it ASAP (blog post – blog.usablenet.com)
- I’m deaf, and this is what happens when I get on a Zoom call (blog post – fastcompany.com)
- Marcy Sutton on accessibility and fighting for work you believe in (podcast – reactpodcast.com)
New to A11y?
Shona Louise expresses how tiring it can be to constantly fight for your rights as a disabled person. To quote Shona, “Human rights issues are the responsibility of every human to solve, and whilst this is an issue across the board it really feels like disability has been heavily left behind.” Those in accessibility need to do the work of making progress happen, and shouldn’t always rely on disabled people for pointers.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to email@example.com.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.