Featured: Accessibility Developments During COVID-19
Robin Christopherson summarizes advice from leading accessibility practitioners related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- The UX of Among Us: The importance of colorblind-friendly design (blog post – uxdesign.cc)
- Back to basics and flaws in fundamentals (podcast – drunkenux.com)
- Dropping support for IE11 is progressive enhancement (blog post – blog.carlmjohnson.net)
- ProPublica experiments with ultra-accessible plain language in stories about people with disabilities (blog post – niemanlab.org)
- How we made our accessibility empathy lab virtual (blog post – accessibility.blog.gov.uk)
- Parent accessibility (blog post – axesslab.com)
- The cognitive overload happening on your screen right now (blog post – uxdesign.cc)
New to A11y?
Sheri Byrne-Haber reminds you that your first effort at accessibility is unlikely to be outstanding. That’s okay! As Sheri says, “Commitment is the key. Just start.”
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.