Featured: Content-visibility and accessible semantics
Marcy Sutton advises you to watch the location of your headings and landmark elements when using
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Designing furniture with a 7:1 color contrast ratio makes a huge difference for the visually impaired (blog post – core77.com)
- Representation matters (blog post – css-tricks.com)
- Lists (blog post – adactio.com)
- VoiceOver preview for MacOS Firefox (blog post – blog.mozilla.org/accessibility
- What’s new in WCAG 2.1: Label in name (blog post – css-tricks.com)
- Are your anchor links accessible? (blog post – amberwilson.co.uk)
- user-scalable=no and suppressing zoom suppression (blog post – quirksmode.org)
- So you wanna create an eco-friendly website (blog post – thoughtbot.com)
- Accessible icon links (blog post – hugogiraudel.com)
- How we made GOV.UK more accessible (blog post – accessibility.blog.gov.uk)
- Webbish (blog post – remysharp.com)
New to A11y?
Sheri Byrne-Haber asks are you ready to be anti-ableist in 2021? This takes real work, but it’s needed. Sheri lays out how to start making it happen.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly!. If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.